Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Quick Break for Blogging

Good Saturday morning to you all. I hope this Holy Week has meaningful for you. I confess that it has not been particularly meaningful for me this year. I spent the first part of the week trying to get as much work done as possible. The past day or two have been devoted entirely to completing my dissertation edits. The editing consists of me sitting in a small room, on a hard chair, trying to figure out how to rid sentences of passive voice and intransitive verbs. I also have to figure out how to make the tables look right (Microsoft Word seems to have a mind of its own). I'm not complaining about computers, by the way. I cannot imagine writing a dissertation without computers. Still, I can think of better ways to prepare for Easter morning.

After I post this entry I will get back to work on tomorrow's sermon, then I will pick up the copies of my dissertation, assemble them, give them to my friend Robbie Phillips for delivery to the DMin office on Monday morning, and then I'll drive the 4 1/2 hours home.

I'm looking forward to Easter at Grandview and if you're anywhere near Johnson City we hope to see you there.

Meanwhile, here's the slideshow from Two4Two this week. I promised to get it up on the blog ... sorry it's late.

1 comment:

Eric said...

So sorry your worlds (school vs work) are colliding - been praying for you.