Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008? You may as well come on in...

Though I'm a couple of days late, Happy New Year to those of you who frequent my blog. Thanks for stopping by to read the most disjointed blog on the web.

Usually I begin the New Year by thinking reflectively on the past year's highs and lows (I did write a reflective post on Monday, but decided it wasn't much of a New Year's). To shake things up, I think I will list the worst stories of 2008:

  1. My Gators were exposed by the lowly Michigan Wolverines. I was so disgruntled at half-time that I went outside, got a tall ladder, and cleaned the windows.
  2. Cold weather swooped-in to East Tennessee and my toes are freezing. When I drive my Oldsmobile Alero it sounds like an ice cube tray being twisted and emptied.
  3. It's 2008 and there is still find no acceptable cure for baldness and shortness. That, and one-man jet packs aren't in common use. What good is the future if I can't be tall, be-haired, and flying? We might as well be living in 3000 BC!
  4. I've only been to bed before 1 a.m. once this year--but I'm up by 5:30 every morning.
  5. My friend Jim couldn't make it over the mountain to see me on his way back to Houston because of threat of snow. Bummer.
  6. The Indiana Pacers have lost 5 in a row. New Year, my foot.
  7. When I went to workout yesterday I didn't have the pepper. My workout was pedestrian at best.
  8. My New Year's resolution was to put things where they go (i.e. don't just set a piece of paper on my desk and hope to find it later). I've already misplaced something by absent-mindedly laying it aside.
  9. I don't have a number nine. Maybe that's a good sign!
  10. I begin the year missing one of my best friends ever.
The Year of Aaron (with its joyful return to Grandview, its multiple Gator championships, its Tim Tebow Heisman, its Red Sox championship) has morphed into The Year of Patience. I probably shouldn't judge a year by its first two days, though.

Maybe the next 2 days of 2008 will be better!*



*Please don't try to encourage me to look on the bright side ... all but number 10 are tongue-in-cheek.

No comments: