Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Midweek Miscellaneous

TRAVeling Man: I got a great visit this past weekend from Trav, one of my Beeson brothers. Jason (not pictured) visited as well. I suspected that Trav would really enjoy the Gray Fossil Site. And, since I had yet to go, it made for the perfect Saturday afternoon event. Here is Trav in front of the tour guide as we listen to the story of the pit where the Tapir fossils were uncovered.Cora joined us at the Miocene Epoch fossil site. I was really impressed with this place. If you come visit me I will show it to you!Global warming or not, the Miocene was a warmer time in Tennessee. Back then we had Gators this far north!
Of course, we Gators still inhabit East Tennessee.
The Unleashing:Tonight (Tuesday) was a good night at Grandview. Our own Jason Bembry launched the English as a second language (ESL) classes. This was in response to concerns he has had as well as our focus on Reaching Out in Relationships.

I believe we are getting ready to do some wonderful things and that this is just one example of the unleashing of ministry at Grandview. This doesn't happen easily or accidentally. It will continue to be a process, but it is exciting to see how God might use us to bless Johnson City.

The GED/tutoring is beginning to grow some legs as well.

The Year of Aaron Becomes The Year of ALSO aaRAN:
Well, the last hope of recovery went down in miserable flames in Indianapolis on Sunday. The Colts were heavy favorites to beat the Chargers but, like the Gators against Michigan, their defense was horrible. Now I want anybody but the Patriots to win the Superbowl ... anybody.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron- the moment I realized that all hope was lost for our Colts, I immediately thought of you and your tragic 2008 sports year. Thanks alot for adding Indy to your casualties.
Chum

Anonymous said...

Much more and you'll have a leg up on Job!

Anonymous said...

I was very disappointed in our performance last weekend. I say "our" because I love the Colts and I feel they can hear me "coaching" through the tv. :) I am with Aaron, ANYONE, ANYONE except the Patriots! I would love to see Brett do it but there might be more irony if Eli could pull this off. And dont count him out, every dog has his day.