Friday, April 30, 2010

A nice day...

I've been too slow to get this picture on the blog! We are excited to have Anna Jones on board as our new Minister to Children. This Sunday is her first official Sunday on staff. Welcome, Anna! Ryan and I are looking forward to working alongside you.

I didn't see Anna yesterday because I finally got to take a real ride on what may have been THE perfect day to ride a motorcycle. There was a slight chill in the clean, Spring air. The sun was warm, without being hot. The leaves on the trees are still a greening, while some of the trees have the bright, early Spring, pink flowers.

Riding a motorcycle is a great way to spend a day off. I decided to ride to Mountain City because I wanted to enjoy the views of Lake Watauga.


After Mountain City I took a right turn and cruised over to a burger joint in Boone, NC. It really was a nice, nice day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, AJ, so glad you had a lovely day off...can't beat the beautiful East TN/Western NC scenery!
xo C and F (who's cruising the hall of Emmanuel this a.m., catching up!!)

Anonymous said...

Anna is going to do such a good job!