Saturday, May 08, 2010

Bloggable Week ...

The most bloggable weeks are also the busiest (which makes it hard to find time to blog). So, here is my quick synopsis!

First (and saddest for us) is that Isaac and Maggie Schade said goodbye to us as they packed their bags for their westward move. The Sunday night farewell was a nice night, even though we were saying goodbye.

Logan Bembry was one of the speakers and he said one of the best things a young man could say (I'm paraphrasing here) "Isaac, you make me want to serve God in the church."

Dirk DiSantis and Jeff Miller made us laugh while they paid tribute to Maggie and Isaac.


By Wednesday I was in Indianapolis where I attended meetings involving Christian Missionary Fellowship, TCM International, and The European Evangelistic Society. The picture below was one I took while TCM and EES made it official that we will seek merger. We still aren't sure it will happen or how it will look once its finished, but I'm excited to see the potential for both groups to benefit from working together (mostly under TCM's banner).

Picture below, from left to right: Bruce Shields, Tony Twist, and Wye Huxford.

Then I got to see family. We had supper at my brother's house. Nephews Gideon and Ethan are pictured here while Ethan shows me that he can play "Yellow Submarine." It was a wonderful night and I enjoyed myself very much.

I didn't get a picture of my drive home, but I did get to spend about an hour and a half in Wilmore talking to Dr. Ellsworth Kalas, one of my preaching professors at Asbury. I got some pointers from him about how to teach preaching, what to look for, and what how to critique in a constructive way.

On Friday we had a baptism. Luke has been thinking about baptism for awhile. He called me while I was on my way to Indianapolis and said he wanted to do it as soon as possible. Friday became the time. I am so pleased to welcome Luke into the Grandview family.

No comments: