Friday, June 17, 2011

Taking Shape

Earlier this week the worship ministry team made a first attempt at placing the new chairs in the original sanctuary. I thought you might enjoy a peak at it. The room looked good. This configuration of chairs allowed for 164 seats (plus the choir loft). More could be added if necessary. This is setup allows for generous space between the rows and easy access to the middle seats.

The organ and the piano would be placed at the front of the room.

The cross (a joint venture between Roger Allman and Betty Taber) looks wonderful and the room has a warm feel to it.
This is how it looks from the front. There is more to be done, but we're getting there.

6 comments:

Eric said...

Looks great - I love the new cross

Joel said...

Where will the piano be placed? It should not stay along an outer wall or on top of or near a heating/cooling vent.

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

The chairs look good & that cross is beautiful!
BTW- why do you have the "snore" option on your post?!

Aaron said...

Joel, that was the longest discussion item of the meeting. I think we will place the piano once the organ is set.

Chum,
I have put the "snore" option because if you wanted people to have a real choice!

on the walk said...

This all looks fantastic. Way to go Grandview! I jsut got to spend part of my morning with 20 people on a mission trip from Grandview. It was great to see old friends.

I also got to preach a sermon inspired by the infamous Jacob Kirkland.

Good Times!

Ethan Magness

Aaron said...

I'm glad they got to hear you preach! That's fantastic.

I'm also glad that Jacob Kirkland isn't completely forgotten.

Thanks for the hospitality, Ethan.