Monday, June 30, 2008

No News ...

I promised some parents I would post any updates I received from the youth trip and their progress.

Radio silence. Sorry. I've heard nothing.

I've been working on my dissertation today and am off to the North American Christian Convention tomorrow.

I enjoyed the opportunity, this past Sunday, to preach at Community Church of Columbus, Indiana. During the first service I went way too short, but other than that it seemed to go fine. It was nice to reconnect with people (some of whom I hadn't seen in a very long time).

The girls and I stayed on the lake as the guests of my Aunt Loretta and Uncle Dave (who attend CCC--thanks for the hospitality). The lake was still high from all of the flooding that area has endured. But the morning sun was wonderful.This is Scott Hundley, brother of Grandview's own (formerly) Tom Hundley. He is on staff there and appears to me to carry plenty of the load (thanks, Scott, for the invitation to preach). I have known his wife, Penny, since birth. She led worship Sunday. It was great to see her up there using her gifts. Scott and Penny have three daughters who are roughly the same age as our girls.
After the service some of the Wymer cousins were able to reconnect. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Really? People really would say something about a preacher keeping it short! Wow...Things that make you go Hummmm...