Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Quick Picture Post

I really have been trying to focus on my dissertation, thus I have neglected posting much. The trip up here has been busy and fruitful (I hope). Here are some pics with brief explanations.

If you look closely you will see our own Ben Cachiaras speaking at the NACC on the opening night. He did a good job.So did Cam Huxford when he preached that night.
Grandview was well represented at the NACC. I got to sit next to the Allbees.
Then I met the youth just south of Cincinnati while they were on their way back to Johnson City. They looked like they had a good time, but were worn out. They went the rest of the way home without Meghan.
Meghan joined me for the rest of the convention. We even got ice cream in Fountain Square...
... where they appear to have statues to honor people with sweaty palms.
One night we skipped the preaching to go to a Reds game. On our way to the park we saw Bill Greer and he took a picture for us.
And while enjoyed the game, I fell asleep a couple of times. Baseball does that to me.
Meghan was on display in the Youth In Ministry booth of the Teen Convention.
And I had the opportunity to go to workshops. This one was led by Thom Rainer.
Then I took Meghan to Indianapolis to reunite her with her sisters and cousins...
... where we spent July 4th with my sister's in-laws, before sending the girls to New Mexico to visit more cousins (and an aunt and uncle).
After that I returned to Wilmore to work on my dissertation and to see the Phillips moved into their new digs on campus. Here is Will enjoying their new Beeson couch.
On Sunday morning I worshiped at Southland Christian Church, where I heard Mike Breaux preach, then I hurried over to Hill-N-Dale Christian Church to hear Phil Roberts. It was great to see and hear him in action and to have lunch with his family (including Dave and Donna) after church.
Now I should quit blogging and get back to work ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron - thanks for the update, photos, etc. It's great thinking of all of the fellowship/worship that took place. Now for your dissertation -- carry on:)
P.S. You've probably heard by now about Tom Dainty's cancer diagnosis - please keep he and Deni in your prayers (that goes for anyone else reading this too)a bone marrow biopsy was done today, and testing will be done on it to determine the stage of the cancer. They'll have preliminary results tomorrow. THanks, janie

Herbie Miller said...

Aaron, looks like you had a wicked-good time! Thanks for the post. Great to see what you're up to!

Herbie