Friday, September 11, 2009

Some nice moments...

The thing about a blog is that it's very little more than image management. I try to avoid unflattering pictures (of myself and others). I also don't report on things that might be driving me crazy at the moment. Why? Those things don't really advance our cause.

Image management isn't new. It existed before blogs and will exist through every medium. I've wondered if I should start an anonymous blog under the name "Reverend Sparx Fury." If I were anonymous I could say whatever I felt like saying without owning any of the consequences.

Maybe anonymity isn't such a good thing!

Feel free to glance at the pictures below. They are pictures I'm happy for you to see. They are in no particular order; nor are they on a single topic. Blogging regularly is tough!


Cindy and I went out to supper last night, thanks to a gift card from her office mates. They gave us the gift card to celebrate my graduating from Asbury ... we finally cashed it in last night. The restaurant is a little place in Limestone Cove. It was a pretty night to drive in Unicoi County.

Cindy had the grouper and I had the filet. Excellent food ... much more excellent than you would expect to find in a little cafe in Unicoi County (thanks, Cindy's office mates!).
This is just a picture of me on my brother's rope swing. I had to hold on for dear life, but I did it. Roger Allman took the photo. Looking at the picture now, I'm really glad I didn't wind up hanging myself.This is a shot of the Two4Two preview put on by Ryan Bader, youth minister extraordinaire'. This was last Wednesday night and gave adults a chance to see what the youth do after Rendezvous on Wednesday nights.


This is Cora. I picked her up at school yesterday so she could get her spacers put in. Braces, here we come!

I just thought the sky looked great on Wednesday. Rainy. Cloudy. And beautiful. I love to look at the stained glass windows next to the views our sanctuary provides.


3 comments:

Herbie Miller said...

Thanks for the images, Aaron. You managed them well:)

ms. vicky said...

MMMM! Country Cafe - one of our favorites!

Janni said...

My coworkers told us about Limestone Country Cafe, too. What a wonderful surprise! A GREAT meal!

And we sit where we do in the sanctuary because of the mountain view. I'm a mountain girl, can't help it!

Keep those blog posts coming!