Saturday, September 26, 2009

Touching Base!

Tomorrow begins a new sermon series. We have three weeks of stewardship emphasis. We will focus on the journey of one of Jesus' disciples, looking at his call, his celebration, and his follow-through.I haven't blogged about the demise of The Oasis, my favorite coffee shop. Sadly, The Oasis has gone the way of all independent coffee shops in Johnson City. Oh, sure, the Mall version lives on; but the community that gathered at the university location has been dispersed; scattered like the children of Israel in the wake of ancient conquerors. Too bad. I continue to believe that coffee shops are the modern equivalent of the front porch. They are places where you can see some of the same people over and over until you become connected.

Barrista Brent and Owner Chuck gave me a goodbye smile.

And this was my last cup of coffee.

Also, Happy Birthday to Cindy's grandfather! He turned 93 on Tuesday. He seems to be doing really well. Several folks from Grandview visit him from time to time. He always tells me how much he appreciates those visits. Thanks to all!

No comments: