Friday, December 11, 2009

A Quick Assortment of News

I haven't written about my sermons in months, but we're in an Advent series that is working on the concept of waiting on God; starting with the second coming and then coming backward toward the manger.

I was under time pressure when I made the logo and I like it less and less as we go. But I still prefer this picture and vibe to the one beneath (that I almost used).


I like that the people are happy AND waiting in this picture, but they're all so, sooooo plastic fantastic. I couldn't go with it.This Sunday night is the Grandview Choir special. Next week Sunday night program is our annual Christmas Jazz party. Please plan to attend. That's always a fun night.

Our Tennessee weather has been mild compared to the Midwest this week, but that relative comparison doesn't help our own Sylvia Wise who wound up with an oak tree through the roof of her house and another oak tree down in her yard. By the time I made it by, the cleanup had already begun. Apparently Sylvia was in her van when it happened and in real danger. Praise to God that she is unhurt.

That weather came on the heels of last weekends snow. This is my backyard from last week. Very nice looking snow ... but ... I'm still not too high on cold weather.Morning prayer at Grandview during advent has been a grace to me this year. This was the scene one morning as we were done praying.

No comments: