Saturday, December 19, 2009

Quick Saturday Post

These snowy Saturdays are the kinds of days in which you finish preparing your sermon ... but you know that tomorrow's turnout may not be all that great. Fear not! I'm committed to doing my best regardless of the weather.

I'm prepared to get the "are we canceling services" question a lot over the next few hours. I have no plans to cancel, however. A snow plow will hit the parking lot this afternoon and I live close enough to walk (if that becomes necessary).

Tomorrow's sermon will focalize on a man named Simeon (from Luke 2:21ff). Simeon was "waiting on the consolation of Israel" when he got to see the Christ child. His contribution will make an appropriate pre-Christmas sermon.

Tomorrow night we have our annual Christmas Jazz party. I don't want to cancel that, either. It has become my favorite Christmas tradition.

Last week the choir brought us an excellent night of music. I took this picture with my iPhone. They sounded fantastic.


Meanwhile ... we had a nice family night last night when all of the snow was caving-in on Johnson City.
This is my artsy shot from this morning, just before I shoveled the driveway.


The rest are just snow pics. Hope to see you tomorrow!


No comments: