Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Arriving in Indy

The convention center in downtown Indy is half springing to life today. The convention doesn't begin in earnest until tonight, but the exhibit hall is open. I've gotten to see a host of our Grandview folks including the Greers, Brent Nipper, Bob Hall, Dan Lawson, Erin Layton, Bob and Loretta Hull, Phyllis Fox and her daughter (one of my favorites), Katy.

I also got to talk to Ethan Magness, Lee Magness, Karla Cachiaras, Greg and Becky Johnson (of Generations Christian Church near Tampa), Wye Huxford (of the EES), and David Wright (of TCM). It's been a nice afternoon. Part of the fun of attending the NACC is catching up with folks we don't get to see on a regular basis.

The girls and I arrived at my brother's house last night. Anna and Cora are spending the day with their Aunt Missy and their cousins. This morning Meghan and I were able to visit my dad and his wife. Dad is looking good after his surgery! The recovery seems to be kicking in. After visiting my dad we went to see my grandfather. He was looking well.

On our way downtown we took a detour to the Indianapolis 500 (it was more of a stop than a detour ... my grandfather lives in Speedway). Here is a picture of Meghan from inside the first turn of the Indy 500. We also took a van ride/tour consisting of one lap around the track. We traveled a blazing 30 mph.

Then we hopped into our own van and drove to the convention center (driving faster than 30mph).

I never promise a next post, but tomorrow is a pretty sure bet. I've been asked to blog the morning session by speaker Brian Jones. I'll try to take some pics.

No comments: