Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Take A Quick Break. Look at Three Pictures.

This week's sermon is on the horrible, horrible text from Judges 19 and 20. The book of Judges ends with a nation in chaos and it's hard to find enough scraps of redemption to bring this to the pulpit.
So we'll talk about something a little less intense in this post.

This sign at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway made me chuckle (I didn't laugh out loud, though). We've all heard British characters in movies or plays tell people to "sod off". This sign just made me think of that. I don't think I've seen a "Keep Off Grass" sign like this one before.
I saw this book in a bookstore last week. Forgive me for judging a book by it's cover, but I can't imagine David Archuletta has been through all THAT much. When did American Idol start water boarding their contestants? I don't think a cancer survivor or someone who has been through the loss of a child would shed too many tears for David as he confesses that he was really, really, really hurt when Simon didn't affirm his singing talent.

Am I wrong on this? Has he been through something horrible that I don't know about? (don't tell me to read the book to find out because ... well ... I'm not reading this book).

No comments: