Thursday, July 01, 2010

Bend Cachiaras Visits Grandview

My old friend, Bend Cachiaras, visited Grandview today. He must have been on his way to the 2010 NACC in Indianapolis where he will spend most of his time in the Emmanuel School of Religion booth (#601), posing for pictures.

He arrived on his purple, Minnesota Vikings motorcycle.
He even let me take it for a ride on what was a beautiful day here in East Tennessee.
Then we sat down in the lobby of the church and enjoyed a little coffee clutch.He wanted me to hear his new song that he wrote for the worship services at Mountain Christian Church in Joppa, Maryland.
Then he preached a great sermon that he's hoping to preach at the convention.

The sermon was so good that he convinced himself that it was time to be baptized.

Since I was the only other person around, I got the honors of participating in his baptism.

I know he's been thinking of getting baptized for a long, long time.

After the intense spiritual experience, he has emerged as a major ecumenical figure. He even embraces Packer fans now.

4 comments:

Adam Bean said...

Well now I'm regretting not coming in to clean this morning.

Robert J. Hall said...

GREAT photo story! Everybody come on by the Emmanuel booth and have your photo taken with Ben (Bend). We'll see you there! Bob Hall

mac said...

Wait a minute, aren't there helmet laws in Tennessee?

Doug said...

I will now officially subscribe to your blog! ;)