Sunday, April 16, 2006


This is my first attempt at blogging. Forgive the crude nature of the attempt.

I'm preparing to take a year-long sabbatical from my position as minister of Grandview Christian Church in Johnson City, Tennesee in order to pursue my Doctor of Ministry degree at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. I want my family at Grandview to be able to peak-in on the experience and share it with me, so I'm beginning this blog.

My family and I will be moving to Asbury at the end of June 2006. We have already had the pleasure of meeting the McIntosh and Layer families . . . they are two other families who recieved 2006-7 Beeson Fellowships. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

Above is a picture of me and my family. They are looking forward to the move, mostly. Cindy is looking forward to it. It's hard for M to leave the comfort of friends, but A and C are a little younger. Maybe that makes it easier. They've all been good sports. I won't be talking much about them. The purpose of this blog isn't to open our private world to any and every onlooker. I'll spend more time on the learning experience that we've been given the opportunity to have over the coming year.

Peace.

More as I learn how to do this.

No comments: