Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to Cane Ridge

Before we moved to the Lexington area I told some of my friends that I had to make sure to take a trip with the family to the Cane Ridge Meeting House. while we were here. Well, we'll only be here another week and a half, so I decided we had better do it NOW!

With schools closed for Kentucky State primaries, we scooted over to the Paris, Kentucky area to see the church building were Stone helped launch the Christian Church.
It gave me the chance to talk to the girls about the history of our churches. We even got into the the discussion about how denominations came into existence and what it meant for Christians.Then, because it was such a nice day, we stayed on the Cane Ridge grounds and had a picnic.Sandwiches, potato salad, sodas, and pie never tasted so good.
It was just a really, really good day.
Cindy pointed me toward this exhibit in the Cane Ridge museum. It is a key to the Cane Ridge Church that was lost for over a hundred years. It was returned in 1989. Some things never change.

No comments: