Friday, May 25, 2007

Kalas, Baucum, Green, and Holsinger,

  • Today I had the pleasure of having lunch with Dr. Kalas. I didn't take pictures, so you'll just have to trust me. It happened. I appreciate his stories, his wisdom, and his encouragement. I'm hoping that we can coax him into visiting Grandview once he's finished being the interim president of Asbury.
  • Dr. Tory Baucum, our second semester preaching professor has announced that he is leaving Asbury to become the rector the Truro Church in Fairfax, Virginia (an Anglican church). If you wish to know more about Truro, follow this link.
  • Dr. Joel Green is leaving Asbury to become a professor at Fuller Theological Seminary in California. He was one of the main reasons I was interested in Asbury. His work on theology, narrative, and science is fantastic. He will be missed.
  • The big news around campus is that President Bush has nominated Dr. Jim Holsinger (pictured below) to be the next Surgeon General. Holsinger spoke to our Beeson class last November. His topic was Situational Leadership and I could tell back then he was very sharp. Here is the entry from last November: link.

No comments: