Monday, November 06, 2006

Here's are some things I failed to mention:

I've been a bad blogger lately, mostly because I haven't been thinking to take pictures at every event. Here is a quick update of things:

  • The first thing is that we have a new Beeson Baby! I got to hold Ian Matthew Scholl last night, but didn't think to take a picture. Shame, shame, shame on me! He looks like a fine young man. Mom and dad are doing great. I will try to get a good picture today.
  • Meghan's band went to Bowling Green last week for the Marching Band Competition. They finished seventh and she had a good time. She was especially excited after last week's competition because one of the judges was Tom Stites, the band director back home at Science Hill High School.
  • Dad and Wendy came to visit this past weekend (why I didn't think to get pictures, I have no idea). They came to town on Saturday and went to church with us on Sunday morning. It was really nice to see them. They treated us to some good meals and we tried to find Wymers Branch of Hickman Creek, but failed at both attempts. We'll try again next time. Also, Wendy discovered the new store in Lexington: Gordman's.
  • Now for the pictures I do have:
This is a picture of the chapel service Dr. Kalas preached.
Below is a picture of Russ Stevens. We spent a day with him. He is from Crown Ministries. That's all I have to say about that.This is a recent Friday Forum where we discussed things like the current leadership situation at Asbury, the day we spent with Crown Ministries, and "Horizon Thinking."
This is a picture of Dr. Jim Holsinger. He led a half-day seminar on leadership. As the former undersecretary of health (under the first President Bush), he brought a lot to the table. He has a pretty long list of leadership credentials. He is currently (and I may get this a little wrong) chancellor at UK's Medical School. He is also long time Methodist leader and a current D.Min. student at Asbury (he believes in keeping his mind sharp through new challenges--it is working).

His topic was Situational Leadership. He did a great job and I came away from the seminar wishing I could have heard him speak about eight years ago. Better late than never! Thanks, Dr. Holsinger.
I have to mention the Gator victory on Saturday because it wound up being the victory that will finally get the Gators back to the SEC Championship Game. It's been so long I almost forgot the SEC had a Championship Game. If we win the rest of our games we have an outside shot at getting into the BCS Championship Game, but I'm not holding my breath. It looks (to me) like the U. of Louisville will be playing in that game against Ohio State. ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit jumped onto the Louisville bandwagon hoping to push them into a championship game against his alma mater, Ohio State. I don't blame him. If I had the power I would push the weakest possible opponent for my alma mater, too (that last statement is just for you, Bryan . . . hope you liked it!).Also, Matt Scholl came over last night and watched most of the Colts game with me. It was a big win for the Colts over their nemesis, the Patriots. Matt went home before the game was over... saying something like, "I've got a four-day-old at home and I probably should be getting back." Puulleeaaase, get some priorities, my friend.
To my Vol Fan friends: Thanks for Peyton Manning! Wow. What a quarterback .

No comments: