Thursday, November 02, 2006

Beeson Halloween . . . and a costume that was too subtle!

We had Halloween-a-palooza in the Beeson borough on Tuesday night. Below, from left to right is Maggie, Princess Jonathan (yes, Jonathan), St. Aidan of Wilmore, and Dr. Anna Wymer.

Cora was a fairy princess. Meghan was with friends from her school. She was the orange stripe in a rainbow (don't get any ideas, Vol fans, I made sure it was the approved shade of orange, not the UT shade).These five Beeson Pastors are, from left-to-right, Jim "Dr. Rynchiewich" Martin, Dr. Nolan "Rocks" Donald, Trav "Harry Potter" Wilson, me, and Buckaroo Scott Layer. You may be wondering what my costume is. The problem is, I ran out of time. I had great plans, though. I still like the concept of my costume, I just had trouble getting the iron-on stickers to work.

I was a white version of Mr. T.Mr. Y-T!
(you may have to say it a few times to get it)
If you look closely at my shirt it says, "I have empathy for the foolish!" It is a white-ified twist on the old catch phrase, "I pity the fool!" I made another logo for the front that would have helped complete the look, but I ran out of time.

Also, my Mohawk was done with far too much haste. From the front, of course, I just looked bald. I've invented a new hair style for men who are going bald, it's called the "No-Hawk."

I thought the costume was clever, but it didn't work. Oh well, I love it when a plan almost comes together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought the truly brave man is the one who shaves his head on top and leaves the sides and back (rather than the now-classic Michael Jordan shave).

Aaron said...

I think, hair-wise, I could actually pull do that!