Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

We made a quick trip to Indianapolis this past weekend for my grandfather's 90th birthday party at Chapel Rock Christian Church. He enjoyed the reception and the gathering of family and friends. He was pretty sick this past summer, so it was great to see him doing so well.Here he is with my mom's brother and sister, Uncle Phil and Aunt Marsha.Cora and Grandpa.I'm proud of my grandfather for his strength of spirit. He has had a hard few years, losing his wife and a daughter and struggling with the kinds of health problems that come with grief and aging. He fights on. He has good genes. When I was young I met two of his aunts. Aunt Maude lived to be 103. Aunt May lived to be 101.
I'll post more pictures from the weekend when I get a chance. We also were able to spend time with my dad and Wendy and with my siblings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom can't remember who Aunt May is and how did she live to be 103 and 101? :)

Eli