Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Midweek Miscellaneous

Carol Norris sent me a link to Mark Gungor, who is a marriage motivational speaker of some type. I found this video interesting (a bit too schticky, but that's how you get lots and lots of bookings, I'm sure.



All Church Event:
Last Sunday night we had a time at the church for the elders to communicate the church's needs to the congregation. It went well ... and was well attended. Folks asked good questions and I plan on making it a twice-a-year kind of thing.

Johnson City Literacy Council:

I have to cut this blog short because I don't want to be late to my first meeting with the Johnson City Literacy Council. I'll report more on it later, but the church's involvement in tutoring with the adult education program in Johnson City (as minimal as that has been) has been enough to get the attention of the council.

Heather Mills:

I heard on the news this morning that Paul McCartney's ex-wife isn't satisfied with the financial terms offered to her by the ex-Beatle. They were married for only four years, but she wants more than the 50,0000 pound offer. That's some greed there! Personally, I don't think she has a leg to stand on ... well ... maybe one.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Poor Heather - it is so clear to everyone how unbalanced she is. Of course the press has completely ignored that she can't take being so closely tied to Paul anymore and needs some of the funds to change her name...to Eileen McCartney ;)

Eric said...

I hate to be a repeat commentator, but I had not watched the video until now. It may be re-packaged "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus," but I love the package!

bryan said...

You really put your best foot forward on this post.

Anonymous said...

ahahaahahaahahaahaha,,,ok, I wasnt going to add a comment but I would give an arm and a leg to get 1/16 of the offer. I could live easily for the rest of my life. :)