Monday, June 29, 2009

OSRP Update (Orange Shag Removal Project)


With the youth safely home (more on that when I get pictures) I want to report a monumental occasion for me and my ministry here at Grandview. I've been here 11 years and I STILL haven't eradicated the orange shag carpet from Grandview's decor. However, as of last week all orange shag has been removed from the Grandview floors.

I promise to press on to rid the church of the one final patch of orange shag (the old stairwell has orange shag on the wall beneath the hand railing.

Below are the pictures. I'm sorry my iPhone doesn't capture the fullness of the glory of the orange shag, but if you've seen it then you remember it. You don't even need pictures.


Orange Shaginator: Neal Voke



A crew of volunteers arrived on Sunday night; just one week ago. They moved everything out of the library, foyer, and Fireside Room.

The professionals moved in on Friday and removed the old brown and the orange shag.The concrete floor in my office was able to breathe again.

Then the new blue took over. Welcome, new carpet!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwww I think we were the last to get married on that orange shag in the old sanctuary. It will always have a special place in my heart...and in my wedding pictures :)

Aaron said...

You're in luck, Jenn. Buddy saved the orange shag runner ... I think he plans to roll it out when Robin gets married.

mac said...

I think that we should leave the one strip down the stairwell wall beneath the hand railing, for posterity sake.

Aaron said...

Bite your tongue, Mac.

Ethan Magness said...

I'm crying just a little.

I have a plague made from that orange shag in my office. When I get lonely I hold it and remember all the people who loved me.

It will be a sad day when there is no orange shag left.