Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tomorrow's Offering


I haven't put much up about my sermons lately. We're in the midst of "The Big Picture" series. Tomorrow I will focus on "Creation" as the beginning of the story that defines us. What we believe about creation matters (in particular, who, how and why).

As I worked on the sermon this week I felt the need for an artist's input. On Friday morning I sat down with our own Tom Root and asked him to riff on creation and the artist's response. It was time well spent (any time chatting with Tom is well spent). The fruit of the discussion informs tomorrow's sermon.

Tom wasn't pleased with me when I took this picture, but he'll get over it.
If you want to read the pastoral prayer for the 11am sanctuary service, you can follow the link to Bob Hall's prayer blog. He has it finished and ready:

Bob's Prayer Blog
http://prayersofthechurch.blogspot.com/2009/07/prayers-of-church-71909.html

No comments: