Saturday, August 15, 2009

Big Picture Draws Nigh

School, for most young'ns, is back in session. Milligan freshman are arriving this weekend. And my summer sermon series is drawing to a close tomorrow. I have really enjoyed this series; not sure why. I'm kind of sad to see it go. It's 6:15 on Saturday night and while the sermon is mostly formed, I'm still working on it because it needs more pop. I hate for the series to go out with a whimper.

Why am I so late finishing the sermon? It's a combination of things. Work is full of little details these days and I'm trying to do a good job of getting to them. The counseling load is higher than it used to be. AND, I'm having motorcycle trouble. Today Ross Russell helped me with the fixing of the bike, but more needs to be done before I can attempt to ride to Indy. Motorcycle? Sermon? Hmmm. Sometimes even clear choices can be tough!

Speaking of tough, this has been a week of sad news. Our former minister of administration has been in the hospital this week. A painful back has turned into a much more serious diagnosis. Please pray for John and his family. I normally don't post medical information on the blog because of privacy issues. If you want more information, come to church tomorrow or email me privately.

Well ... back to work. Thanks for letting me take a little blog-break to clear my mind.

No comments: