Saturday, August 08, 2009

Take Your Pick

You can't tell much from the picture because my iPhone has no flash (no flash bulbs, nor does it handle webpage flash!), but this is a picture of Slade and Mihail in the burned remains of their home that caught on fire this past week. The house is in rough shape, but (as you can tell) the most important things are fine.
The sermon has come much easier this week. Redemption is so much more pleasant than Sin. I wrote a short fictional story for this sermon. I haven't done that in awhile. It was fun. I wish I hadn't gotten out of the habit.

Globalscope missionary Nathan McDade was supposed to lead our pastoral prayer this week, but he has been detained in Atlanta due to poor health. He has some flu-like symptoms, but NOT H1N1. Thanks to Mark Pratt (The Table) and Bob Hall (9:30 and 11) for stepping into the void. Here's a link to Bob's prayer: LINK TO BOB'S PRAYER.



One more thing, for those of you with time to kill. I've made two slideshows for the Update: State of the 'View event on August 16th. I'm not sure which one to use. The main difference is the songs, not the pictures. The first is a tobymac version. I like the feel of it, but there are some lines in the song that just don't work for the occasion ("My dad always said that I wish I was black."). The second version is our own Isaac Schade Band. I like the words, but the mood is a little more serious than celebrative.

I'll let the blog-followers decide. Vote in the comment line and the one you choose will be the one I use. If nobody votes then I'm not sure what I'll do!










Or this one:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we both say the first one! song is the best, and great pics.
lisa and amanda

Cindy Schade said...

All right, so consider me prejudiced, but I think the second! We always relish seeing the pics that you take.

Cindy Schade

Robert J. Hall said...

2 votes for #2. Bob & Lisa

Scott Cindy said...

This is Scott. I like the Tobymac version, but I do prefer the version with the ISB song. OK, I'm prejudice and I always lean toward the home grown choice.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Both are OK but I like Tobymac's better.

Jane Allman said...

Isaac

Anonymous said...

#1 fits better