Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Think I Saw My Daughter Last Night

It was almost 10pm on Monday night when the youth groups returned from a week of work in New Orleans. On their way home they stopped in Atlanta for a Braves game (hmmm. . . one of the perks of youth ministry has always been that we could plan youth trips that feed our addictions), for a day at Six Flags, and for a half-day at a water park. Here is Meredith, perhaps the bubbliest of the group, making sure that I remember the mission of the church. How did she have so much energy? I don't know. I had just gone to a water park and a theme park (forget the trip to New Orleans and the Braves' game) I would be tired. Man. That's is such an old man thing to say (and mean it).
Here is Ryan now. I'm guessing he's itching to get home, so I'll we'll leave him alone for a little while. Maybe that will give him time to get to know his newest young'n.
It sounds like they all had a great trip. Meghan commented on how good it was to do it in conjunction with other youth groups. I commented on how good it was to have my daughter home.

No comments: