Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunday's Odds and Ends ...

Sunday night was the unveiling of the "research" portion of my dissertation. 25 Leaders of Grandview gathered for coffee, desserts (I should have called the event my "Dessert-ation") and the completing of a survey. Next Sunday night the whole congregation will be invited to participate in the completion of the same survey. Thanks to all who came!

Meanwhile, the Youth continued with their Nights of the Bizarre, which is an August tradition around here. Last nights games might be with us for awhile. It was a Marshmallow war--with little, tiny marshmallow's all over the building. I suspect that despite the attempts by the youth to pick them off the floor we will still be finding marshmallows for months. I found one in my pocket--no idea how it got there.

Here is a brief video clip of the youth receiving game instruction. I used my cell phone to take the video. That means I can't edit and it is hard to see. Nobody will blame you if you decide not to bother watching it. The guy giving instruction is Ben Lee, youth minister at Hopwood Christian Church. Grandview and Hopwood combine for this annual event. We value Hopwood as a sister church so much that we had Ben Lee (THEIR youth minister) on the search committee for our youth minister. We wanted to make sure anyone we hired would work well with Ben. Enjoy!








The tribes go out for marshmallow battles ...Cass is ready to attack.
They're ready for S'more.

1 comment:

bryan said...

Man, why couldn't I have had a senior pastor like you when I was a youth pastor? If I'd have had a marshmallow war inside at any of the churches I served, I'd have been hanged and quartered.

Same goes for whoever our youth pastor is going to be, but I'm jealous none-the-less.