Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We Can Do Better Than This

I shy away from political talk in this blog. I have my reasons for that, but those reasons aren't really interesting enough to include in the blog.

Politics or no politics ... I want the United States to put her best foot forward. I want our nation to stand for the poor and the oppressed. I want honestly and integrity at the highest levels of government.

I want leaders who inspire.


I occasionally take some heat for not wanting worship services, directed toward God, to become Patriot Rallies. I want the church to be thankful for this nation without worshiping it.

I want Veterans to be treated with great respect. They've seen too much of the unfathomable horrors of war. Few Veterans will talk about their experiences in war. The cliche' is that "war is hell." The few stories I've heard reveal how shallow and insufficient that cliche' is.

That's why I feel so curious when I walk into the VA hospital in Johnson City and see the picture of VP Cheney that they have hanging on the wall. In a nation of achievers and movers and shakers, in a nation that takes pride in being the superpower and the leader of the free world; I ask you, should this picture be the one we send to VA hospitals?

(scroll down)











He looks like the photographer simply took his nerdy 4th grade yearbook photo and digitally make him look 50 years older.
Come on, America! Didn't we invent Photoshop?! Can't we fix this travesty?

3 comments:

Seven Layers said...

is that really in the VA or are you messing with us?

Wesley said...

Well said, Aaron. As far as the picture, it might be the only one they could find where he wasn't evil incarnate.
In case you haven't seen this video, it is pretty funny...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Fs9O2Hji8

Anonymous said...

If I could be the clandestine leader of the free world, I would chose the same photo ;)