Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Midweek Miscellaneous

1. When people enter words into a search engine and that engine brings those people to my blog, I can sometimes check to see what words were used. I get various combinations of "white house with red shutters" that bring people to a previous post on the house where I grew up.

I regularly get people who searched for information on "Prayer Mountain" in Korea

The most popular (and most disturbing) words are: "John Parker Wilson Shirtless". John Parker Wilson is the quarterback for Alabama and, apparently, the object of some desire. I mentioned him in a post over a year ago (when the Gators played Bama). I included a picture of a zealous, shirtless and red-painted Bama fan. Needless to say, my blog disappoints them very much.

2. There's a joke in here somewhere. After the area minister's meeting on Tuesday my friend, Robbie, had a flat tire. While I was helping him change it, another minister, the great Tim Ross, stopped to see if he could be of service. When he realized three minsiters were changing a tire, Tim said, "How many ministers does it take to change a tire?" If you have a good (clean!) punchline, feel free to include it in the comments at the bottom of this post.3. I'm so proud of my stump removal work, I had to include a couple of pictures. The stump doesn't look very big, but that's because I chopped most of it off, dug it up, pushed and pried until I removed it. I almost gave up chopping and digging in favor of a truck and a chain...but I prevailed over that pesky stump!!!!
As you can see, I did a log of digging. You should praise me for my efforts.
4. I offer the following without comment, except that I can't tell if it's serious or a joke. I took the pictures at our local Food City grocery store:



3 comments:

bryan said...

One.... unless a minister is counting, and then at least 10 people were present.

Anonymous said...

Depends: if the preacher is a Calvinist : None - only God can change a tire, and then only if he decided that tire was destined for change when he laid the foundations of the earth. If the preacher is Armenian: one, but the tire must allow the change and do its share of the work.

Anonymous said...

Aaron,
GREAT JOB on the stump removal!! Your're a regular Paul Bunyan!

Love,
Georgia