Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday Miscellaneous

On Tuesday night Bana and Margurite Uriah, missionaries from India, stopped in to see us with their friend, Dr. Templar. We had a nice supper at our house and a good visit. It's always good to see them.I took them by the church building to show them what had changed since they were last in the area. I think Margurite liked the modesty wall's ability to de-clutter the sanctuary of cables and guitar stands, etc...Bana liked the pulpit. I need to call Roger to see if he still has the plans he used to build it. I was able to send Bana home with a small model of the pulpit. If it survives the trip back to India they will at least have something to go by.Last night was Trunk or Treat at Grandview. We loaded up the parking lot with cars, candy, and crazies. Here are two of the crazies now: Meredith and Meghan.Chris and Stephi embraced the hipsters of yesteryear for their theme.
Dana brought in inflatables and, we now know, that inflatables and candy draw kids from everywhere. The event was a smashing success--a safe place to trick or treat is a good thing. We met a lot of neighborhood kids last night.
But some of the kids were our own. Here is Owen the Porcupine. He had a good time except when he saw kids in Spiderman outfits. Owen does not like Spiderman.
Here is Bethany the Cat. I don't think she's afraid of Spiderman.

We had a great time. I didn't get shots of my car. Cindy and I did a coffee shop theme. We actually served coffee (to the adults!) along with candy. It was a fun evening and, I hope, the start of a new tradition at Grandview. It sure beat handing candy out at home.

No comments: