Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sports Post

Most of you don't care for my sports posts, so I've tried to limit them. Here is a summary of my sports thoughts over the past month:

1. The Boston Red Sox
: I've been a Red Sox fan since high school. It was nice to see that my Year of Aaron (while mostly over) did continue in a small way with the Sox. I say "in a small way" because I'm really not a baseball fan. When it comes to four hour games with three or four points scored ... I'd just assume go to bed. Which is what I did through much of the series. That said, How 'bout those Sox!!!2. The Indianapolis Colts: Yesterday the Colts lost to the Patriots in a big game of (previously) undefeated teams. I thought the Colts did a fine job (with just a little help from the refs). The Patriots don't have much on their schedule this year and the Colts have already defeated everyone in their division--on their opponents' fields. My prediction? Colts and Pats will end the season with the same number of losses (hey, a guy can dream).
3. Gator Football: It's been a hard season for my favorite team. They're just missing too many people on defense. I thought I could chalk their losses up to the SEC being the toughest conference, but I'm thinking this is a mediocre year for the SEC East. The whole SEC East seems like it's mid-pack this year. No dominate teams. My nod goes to the Pac 10 this year.4. Gator Basketball: These guys are young. They will have some big wins and some bigger losses. I look forward to seeing if they can come together as a team--which is what made the past two years so special for Gator basketball. Over the next few years we will find out if Coach Donovan was a product of his players' success or vice versa. I suspect it will be a long time before anybody, let alone the Gators, catches lightning in a bottle like the Donovan did the past two years. As ALWAYS, It's Great To Be A Florida Gator!5. The Indiana Pacers: Just when I'm ready to give up on these guys they start to show some character. The hapless Pacers of last year added almost no new talent. Got rid of their old coach and hired a guy I had never heard of. I lost hope, but noow they have started the season 3-0. I know it's early. I know they won't win the division. But if they could just stay out of jail and play together it will be an improvement.

No comments: