Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Miscellaneous

When I went to Asbury last week I made sure to stop at The Dutch Treat Country Store. I must have passed this place 20 times before ever thinking to to stop.It's the tiniest bakery I've ever seen ... but the food is really good. If you're ever passing through little Rose Hill, Virginia on 58 (and I know you will be soon!) I recommend you stop and leave a little of your money in an area of the country that could use an outside infusion of cash. You'll be fatter and happier when you leave.
While in Wilmore I got to see this one-horse-power Dodge Caravan. This picture is worth a caption contest. If you have any clever tags feel free to leave them in the comments section. Seems like a strange place to walk a horse.
Christmas in Johnson City was good. I'm afraid I don't have many pictures because our camera is dying, slowly, and sadly. It has become like it's owner (unreliable and unfocused).

Regardless, here's Anna with the must have music of her generation.

Aaahhhhh ... Christmas morning breakfast.
Cora got something for playing the must-have music of her generation.
Cindy's mom came to visit (all of my pictures of her were blurry, sorry Barbara!). We all had a good time. Owen came to visit us with Randy and Heather for Christmas supper. Polite and funny, he supplied us with our entertainment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

caption options: "There's no way I'm lettin' her back in my van - it took 3 weeks to get rid of that smell! She'll ride the horse or walk this time - I don't care which one."

"Stop by your local Chrysler/Dodge dealer - for a limited time only, your new Caravan comes equipped with side air bags, DVD player, Lifetime drivetrain warrenty, 40 acres and a mule."

"The Caravan returns to its roots."