Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More On Mascots

Last night I was Rich's guest at the Marshall vs. ETSU basketball game. I had a great time. With college basketball so close to my house it's too bad I don't go more often. Thanks, Rich, for the invite. Here we are as we cheese for the camera.He has nice court side season tickets. Sitting up close is a reminder of how good some of these guys are.I was, yet again, fascinated by the local mascots. Here I pose with Pepe the Pepper who is, I believe, the mascot for Barberito's Restaurant.And then there is the Buccaneer mascot. How do I describe this one? He looks like a muppet who frequents bars. I think it's the combination of the eyes and the mouth. He just looks like the least ambitious pirate I've ever seen.
I didn't used to be so intrigued by mascots. I'm not sure what my interest in mascots says about me. Just in case you didn't catch it, here's the previously posted video I made about the Science Hill "Hilltopper" Mascot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the pirate mascot: This an example of what can happen when a Cabbage Patch Kid grows up in a rough neighborhood. . .
also, do they make mascot-sized cigs & beer?!
Connie