Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday Snippets

Today Grandview says good-bye to Art and Christina Cena (and Cheyenne). Art has turned in the first draft of his thesis and is heading out west to Reno, Nevada where he will join the staff of the church Christina's dad serves. I will miss them. Art has helped me in sermon preparation over the past few months. After meeting with Bob Hall on Mondays to discuss the text, I would sometimes meet with Art on Tuesdays just to brainstorm and discuss. I will miss his input.

This past Tuesday, though, we did no sermon prep. Instead I introduced him to Sonny, my '52 Chevy Truck. He had never driven something this old, so we put him in the driver seat.Art did a good job learning to drive without the modern conveniences of power steering, power brakes, and cup holders. See ya', Art. We'll miss you and your family.Keeping to the theme of having my truck back ... yesterday the family and I went to get our Christmas Tree. It's much easier with a truck, especially since we decided to get a live one. I've tried that before and it didn't work. I was younger then and didn't understand just how much clay was beneath the surface of Tennessee. I'll keep you posted on this one...
Anna took this photo, so we're missing somebody.
Okay ... one last photo of my truck. It's great to have it back. And despite all of the ribbing I took in high school for driving it (I still can't get the Sanford and Son song out of my head), it's a lot of fun.
And now for one more truck picture. I saw this while driving around town this week. I was glad my camera was in the car. If you look closely you will see that Merita bakes bread and rolls while I SEEP! Nasty. I'm just not sure I want bread made while I seep.

No comments: