Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Mad Dash ...

There are a few things I have been meaning to share, but time has been short. I'm anxious for a day to unwind. A day without funerals. A day without worship services. A day without hospital visits. A day without the push to get the next sermon or service ready. A day without calling someone to ask if they will read scripture, hold a door, or lead a ministry.

Today will not be that day! I don't mean to sound whiny, by the way. The nature of ministry is that you don't get to choose when people get sick, or die, or give birth--or when Sunday will roll around. It's all part of the job.

This morning, though, well...that's a different story. I have a little time before my 8am appointment and I'm going to include pictures I've wanted to share for a few weeks.

First ... there's this Ford Festiva I saw in the parking lot of the Med Center. You many not be able to read the bumper sticker, but is says:

"REALITY: It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."

Dude, if you're stuck in a Ford Festiva, you're living in reality. Reality is slapping you in the face every morning. You're stepping in it when you leave the house every day. [note to reader: if you are a proud owner of a Festiva, then my apologies to you--not for writing the above statement, but for being stuck in the cheapest car Ford makes. I've owned Fords. I feel your pain.]

I just wish I could have been at the meeting in which the word "Festiva" was invented. I would have said, "Hey, I got an idea, why don't we call it the Clunkkerra?"

Class Is Going Well

I'm very pleased with how the Christ and Culture class I'm teaching is going. This is the first time I have taught a blended cohort. We have the collision of education and business majors and the combination seems to be working well (usually I just have business majors).

There are just two more 4 hour sessions before the end of the semester. The larger class (23 students), and their lessened familiarity with one another, means class goes more smoothly.



Spring
Also, over the past few weeks I've enjoyed the arrival of Spring, these pictures are over a week old now, however ... 8 am has arrived.

No comments: