Wednesday, April 09, 2008

At Least You Know

Today's post comes courtesy of my sister and her husband who, when traveling through southern Indiana, were alert enough to notice this church building/sign and kind enough to turn around and take a picture for their brother's blogging pleasure. Thanks, Joe and Margie!


Just in case you can't quite see that sign, it reads: The Country Gospel Music Church.

Wow. My first response is that a church should never name itself after the kind of music it embraces.My second response is that I admire their honesty. We tend to embrace music styles in exactly this way, we just don't bother to name the church after our preferences.

Coming soon: The Repetitious Chorus Reformed Evangelical Church and the Stiff Upper Lip High Liturgical Pipe Organ Memorial Church.

4 comments:

bryan said...

Welcome to the "The Eagles Mellow California Sound Church" or the "Da Hip Hop Church" (w. Rev. Chuck D)

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I don't care who ya are.

Eric said...

It is so refreshing to see a church unafraid to proclaim who they are (in this time of "hiding" who you are by dropping pertinent labels from your name). I think I'll start a new church in Mooresville: Mooresville Christian Amillennial, Open and Anytime Communion, Praise Him Praise Hymns, Non-CCM, Limited Post-Modern Outreach Church. Or maybe I should stick with Seceder Anti-Berger Presbyterian Church

Anonymous said...

ahahaahahahaahaah,,,,,,,THANK YOU! what a great way to start off this week....where work is a little hectic! People passing my office are looking at me strangely because I am laughing out loud...:)