Monday, April 28, 2008

In No Particular Order ...

I'm well rested after my "blogiday". I haven't been too busy to blog, just too lazy. The past week was full of some nice blog-worthy events. Take today, for instance:

Our own Marshall Hardy signed with Milligan College today at Dobyns-Bennett High School in Kingsport. We're all very proud of him at Grandview, and the fact that he will be playing basketball five minutes from church will make it easy for us to be the Marshall Forces, cheering him on at home games.Here he is, signing away on his scholarship letters.
Coach Wallingford continues to convince the entire Hardy family that Milligan is THE place to play basketball for the next four years."Little" Sis was there too.

Speaking of Grandview's own doing wonderful things. Megan Gable had her senior recital just over a week ago. She sang beautiful. Here she poses with the Edwina and Bill Greer on each side. Megan is from Lebanon, Indiana and grew up at a church that I helped build while I was in college ... she was born back then, but just barely.

Last week Cindy and I went to supper with the Coleys for one last time before they left for home. We always enjoy visiting with them. Greg wasn't the strangest site we saw that night...
I'm always amazed when the Red Hat Ladies show up. I know it's time to pick "manlier" restaurants when that happens ... maybe something specializes in red meat instead of red hats.
I was pleased last week to attend the GED graduation celebration for Johnson City adult education. The valedictorian address was given by a young woman from Venezuela. Grandview volunteers were listed in the bulletin. And one of our tutors was even there to share in the moment.
Also, last Saturday night Cindy and I attended our first seder Passover meal, thanks to Leni Jackson. I've been told for years that I should do that. The symbolism in the meal really is remarkable. One last note, I'm hoping to post the Backbone announcement video from Sunday morning. When I get it the right format I'll put it up. I really liked it. Matt Buckner is a genius.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... dinner with the Coley's. Jackie and I hosted them for a dinner, and had a blast! They'll be sorely missed as they head back to Thailand, and we wish them Godspeed and His' blessings.