Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No Joe, No Two 4 Two ...

One of the reasons I keep blogging is that it helps me chronicle the things that happen in my life. I almost never took pictures until I began blogging. Now I take pictures of like crazy. So thanks for checking in. I realize every post isn't exciting.

The end of Two 4 Two marks a break in my attempts to make slideshows and videos (although I'm getting ready to make four more for Sunday morning with my special guest star, Dr. Bob Hull. I need to ask Matt to help make the videos, but I'm a little reluctant to prey upon his goodwill...but prey I will.

On to the minutiae:

Isn't Spring great? Here's the backyard last week. Welcome back, Leaves! We missed you! I'm sorry that I gathered you into piles last Fall and crushed you into little pieces. Thanks for coming back even after I burned some of your ancestors.Sunday was Parent Dedication Day at Grandview. It was great to see so many children and young parents. There were three adopted children who participated in this dedication. That's a new record for us.
On Sunday night we had a talent show (of sorts). It was a lot of fun, even though we were crammed into the foyer. Hopefully the fellowship hall will be ready soon. We need that space very, very, badly.

The packed conditions cut down on the ability of people to take my dissertation survey, but we made progress. The research portion of my dissertation will soon draw to a close and I will have to start the heavy lifting involved with analyzing and completing the work.

This picture is from last week when we had the Coley family over for supper. The kids liked the truck trip we took. It reminded me of the many times I rode in the back of a truck when growing up--especially the way that loose dirt in the back of the truck would start swirling at certain speeds, making it impossible to open my eyes with getting debris in them. I love the way memories work. They just lie dormant for so long and then return with a comforting burst.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Aaron~ I showed the back yard shot to Allison and she said " Wow! we got a go there again...SOON!" Thanks for the shots.

Joel said...

My dad had a '50 Chevy pickup--I remember the swirly dust too.

Anonymous said...

Waddaya mean, "talent show--SORT OF?" There were many rare and special performances and a good time was had by all!