Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Milligan Class of 2012

The Milligan freshmen have arrived and I had the chance to speak to them on Monday night out at the Doe River Gorge, where they spent the day having a grand ol' time.Worship was led by Bill Jolly and the Grace Fellowship Band. They did an excellent job and I enjoyed the worship time.
I think the new Milliganders enjoyed it as well. We have four Grandview spawn in this class. Marshall, Danielle, Cara Beth, and Ryan.
Things seemed to go fine. I used the Flobots' song, "Handlebars" in the sermon, as well as their song "Rise". We also did "reverse communion," which was an idea I had last week. They were all given bread and invited to bring it to the table as a sign of their willingness to bring themselves to the Body of Christ over the next four years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish you had been there when I was a Freshman at Milligan....in 1971..