Friday, August 15, 2008

Stuff I Feel Like Sharing


What beautiful August weather we are having! When people write books about kids playing outside in the summer this is the weather the illustrators draw for the pictures. Warm breezes. Low humidity. Puffy clouds. And smiles. Below is a picture from one of those "it's good to be alive" moments.Allow me to belabor the point, please. The weather has been consistently good for a week and a half. This is Anna's school. Though the picture doesn't capture the scene well, I just had to smile and snap a picture when I saw how beautiful East Tennessee can be (when the humidity doesn't blanket the views).
When I was at Asbury last week to work on my dissertation I got to go to the Monday morning Beeson student worship time. The sermon was delivered by a Beeson student from Russia. The sermon was excellent. The man's sense of humor reminded me of Yuri Skopylotov, the Russian student at Emmanuel a few years back.
This past week I bought a purple cow. That's right, a 1999 Kawsaki Concours. My Honda has been out of commission for awhile and we need an extra set of wheels at the Wymer home. Jeff Keeling, Johnson City Press reporter extraordinaire' and member of Grandview, was ready to sell. I borrowed it for a couple of days and decided that I could learn to handle a 1000cc motorcycle. Riding this bike is a very different experience than the Honda, but I'm getting the hang of it.
The official opening of the kitchen required a labor force to move the old kitchen stuff upstairs to the new kitchen. Fortunately we had a whole host of folks show up to help. It will be soooo nice to have everything conveniently located when Two 4 Two starts on September 17th.

That's all I feel like sharing right now. I've got a sermon to write ya' know.

2 comments:

Herbie Miller said...

Great to see what you're up to! I'm jealous that you have a motorcycle! I've wanted one for a while but never had the nerve to get one (err...ask Aimee for one). Instead, we got a minivan this summer.

Peace

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

I can't believe you're riding Barney. I read your blog often and love watching your family grow.
Hope to get down to see you soon.

Uncle Saul