Monday, August 25, 2008

Table Day!

The Table has begun! There will be tweaking and fine tuning, of course, but overall I am very pleased with how things went on Sunday. The singing in the 9:30 service was fantastic. The band sounded good and the people really sang out. There were several times when I was moved by it. This service housed 161 people, which means it now has some room to grow, but not at the cost of the feeling of momentum.

The Table is set to hold 133 people . The attendance was 90 (I think, I have to ask Theresa the number again).
Even at 90, though, it looked full and, as far as I could tell, the room had a nice feel to it.

The band was rehearsed and ready.And the service was begun without me.

Jeff even had slides of icons of Joanna (who was the subject of the sermon).


I was surprised by the shift from the 11 o'clock service to the Table. I've never just walked into a service and started preaching. That part was my least favorite part of the experience, but I suspect the shift will feel more natural as I get used to it.


This is shot of the original 11am service and it looks full from here, but he number on the attendance sheet was only 95. I demand a recount! Regardless, that means that we had 185 total adult worshipers during the 11am hour, which is good. ESPECIALLY when we consider that there was still space available in the parking lot. THANKS, THANKS, THANKS to those of you who have willingly parked off site. You are great.



Thanks to Lorna Crouch for taking the pictures. Thanks also to Jeff, Heather, and Theresa for doing the heavy lifting to make this day possible.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God,

It sounds like a wonderful day. I can't wait to visit and join you at the table. I am in a setting now where it basically feels like I walk in to a room and preach. (It isn't quite as stark as your experience but it has some commonalities.) That has taken some getting used to.

Keep having fun,

-Ethan

Anonymous said...

What an exciting season of ministry for your church. I look forward to seeing how God will use this service. Praise God for what he is doing at Grandview!

Unknown said...

It's great to see God moving in a new way at Grandview. I look forwarding to visiting The Table soon!

On another note, orange congas? What was I thinking?

Anonymous said...

My daughter, Hannah, just started at Milligan this year. She attended this service last Sunday and was intrigued. Sounds Cool... wish I could attend... maybe sometime when we're visiting.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron - this is awesome! I'm so glad to see Grandview stepping out on faith with this new venue. I look forward to coming to The Table the next time I'm in JC.

Anonymous said...

Found your link on Ethan's blog. Love the notion. Looking forward to seeing how you ease into the new rhythm.

Rob Arsenault said...

Aaron, we met up in MD a while back at Open Door Cafe, love the new worship idea, I pray the idea has a Kingdom impact for Grandview!

Seven Layers said...

Aaron,

Glad to hear the first service went well. I'm sure a lot of hard work but well worth it. I'm inpressed you have been able to blog as well!