Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Faith and Art

I enjoy reading the blog Stuff Christians Like (it's linked on my page). It is often funny, sometimes serious, and almost always insightful.


I read this post today about artists, fidelity, and our response to God. I thought it was so good that I wanted to link it on this blog.

I wish I was more artistic, but I've found that when the details of an organization start crowding your life, creativity and artistry can too easily be pushed aside.

That said, I've included pictures below of some of the artistry of our Grandview folks. I love this stuff ....
Tom Root's sketches for a series of paintings he is working on for us.


Below are samples of the stained glass windows Betty Taber (member since in back in the 1960s) created for us.




The pulpit, lectern, and communion table come from the minds and skills of our own Garry Smith (designer) and Roger Allman (craftsman/builder)

Beth Bader teaches ballet to some of our girls on Wednesday nights. The results were fantastic and universally loved by the people who were able to witness it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Grandview church is composed of some of the most creative people gathered together in any one church ever! And they are so willing to use their talents...I love 'em!