Monday, March 02, 2009

What I'm Working On This Week...

How about I use my blog to plan my week? This is what's up this week:
  • Dissertation. I've been gone, essentially, for two weeks. Life has been dissertation and more dissertation. I turned my first full draft into my mentor last Friday. He will let me know what needs to change. If I can make those changes by Friday and get the new dissertation to the editor, then I'll still be hoping to graduate in May. If not ... hello December graduation!
  • Administration. Two weeks in Wilmore and the loss of John Marr leave me in administration deficit. I have lots of projects needing attention. The most pressing, the new Grandview website, has been stalled for two weeks. I don't know why, but to get people to do their jobs you sometimes have to call and remind them, email and remind them, and then drop by and ask them what's up. I have other administration activities I have to get my mind around, but I haven't stopped long enough to identify them.

  • Max Miller Lecture. Grandview gets to host the first lecture of this week's Emmanuel School of Religion Kershner Lectures. I'm really looking forward to hearing Dr. Miller and am very pleased that we get to host the lecture. But, that means I've got a lot of stuff to get ready for tomorrow night.

  • Family. Being gone for two weeks puts a dent in family time as well. Cindy has had a lot on her between taking kids to doctor visits, taking her grandfather to doctor visits (he's in the hospital now), helping me with my dissertation, and trying to work.
There we go. That's a start. Thanks for being a sounding board!

No comments: