Monday, January 22, 2007

Colts Win AFC . . . Dream Sports Year Continues!

What a fun year it's been to be a Florida Gator from Indianapolis. The Colts' chance to make it to the Super Bowl, though, seemed all but lost during the first half of the Patriots vs. the Colts. Then the Boys in Blue pulled out a victory, sealed when Marlin Jackson (pictured below) intercepted a Brady pass.Dwight Freeney is one of the good guys.Dungy appears to be one of the finest men in the NFL.


Manning says he doesn't believe in "monkey on my back" theories. Be that as it may, he has to feel relieved today.
If the Colts win the Super Bowl, they will make this a sports year so great that it likely won't be reapeated in my lifetime. Gator Basketball, Gator Football, Colts Football . . . all champs at the same time?!). So, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts, even if it only lasts for the next two weeks.

Of course, every silver lining has a cloud. For me the cloud is the Indiana Pacers. They appear to be refusing to participate in the Year of Aaron. I have been a fan of the Pacers longer than I have been a fan of any other team. We were born the same year. The Pacers were good in the old ABA (they were, in fact, the Celtics of the ABA--that's for you Nate!), but they've never won an NBA Championship.
Not that you asked, but here is the list of championships I like to see, in order:
  1. Gator Football (2006 BCS Champs!)
  2. Gator Basketball (2006 NCAA Champs!)
  3. Indiana Pacers (Celtics of the ABA!)
  4. Indianapolis Colts (2007 AFC Champs!)
  5. Gator Baseball (Cleveland Indians of the SEC!)
  6. Boston Red Sox (2004 World Series Champs!)
All pictures taken from the Indianapolis Star Website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew you were a Bo Sox fan

Anonymous said...

My daughter would want me to comment - "How 'bout that University of Tennesse grad?" :)

Aaron said...

Tell your daughter that I was very happy to see that it only took Peyton a decade to get over those four losses to the Gators. The Citrus King is Going to the Super Bowl!