Thursday, January 18, 2007

Houston Report #11: Our Hosts!

Kent and Lee Ann Twining hosted Matt and me for our time in Houston. They were amazing. They provided freshly squeezed orange juice (from their own tree) every morning, gave us their truck to drive while we were in town, and provided the most comfortable beds in the quietest rooms I've enjoyed in years--we even had our own conveniences. This was the view from my own personal veranda. Matt and I agreed that we won the "Who-ya-stayin-with" Lottery on this trip. The whole Twining family made us feel welcome. Thanks, Twinings!And so . . . that's the end of my Houston reports. I don't know if they've done much for you, but I know they've helped me. It's in retrospect that I began to see just how valuable this trip to Houston was. If you scroll through these pages you will see that we were exposed to a broad variety of churches . . . and blog doesn't cover everything.

This Beeson thing is an opportunity that I wish all ministers could have. Thanks, Ralph Waldo Beeson (aka Uncle Frank)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

Steve Page here. Glad you are doing so well these days. Any time at all to work out??

All is great on my end at Central Holston. Busy of course.

All the best to you and your family.

Aaron said...

Steve,
Good to hear from you. I hope your new ministry is up and rolling. To answer question, I have taken time to run . . . but not so much to lift. Some things don't change, eh?