Friday, August 25, 2006

Meg and the Marching Band

Tonight was the West Jess High School Marching Band debut--and Meg's first time to perform with a marching band. They did a fantastic job. I embarrassed her early and often by taking pictures. This is a picture of Meg with her friend, Marian.Here is Meg on the field for the half-time show. The school gave her their smallest uniform, but it is still pretty baggy on her (tonight was the first time I've seen Meg in a uniform).
Meg (and all of the flute players) had to do a little "interpretive dance" thing as part of the show. I'm proud of her. That's not the kind of thing she likes to do. I should be even more proud of the boy flute player who had to do the interpretive dance thing. When I was growing up that would have been grounds to quit band. My dad would even have spared me speeches about "finishing what you start."
The football team left a little to be desired (okay, A LOT to be desired). West Jessamine High School is the team in red. They were beaten early and often tonight. It was bad enough that I felt sorry for them, BUT .......SCORE, SCORE, SCORE!

Alas, it's a little too little. It's a little too late. Other than the final score, it was a good night!

No comments: