Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tuesday's Report

I finally took a decent picture of Dr. Kalas! This is right before our first day of actually preaching in class. Jason was first, with Bryan on deck, and me in the hole. We gathered in the preaching chapel. There are actually two preaching chapels in the Beeson Center, one has chairs while the other has pews. We met in the pew chapel. I've complained about the excess air conditioning in the past, but this one beat everything! It was so cold that I was sure the light would go off when we closed the door--if the Beeson Center is a refrigerator, the preaching chapels are the crispers. We actually brought space heaters into the room because it was only 55 degrees (I kid you not).Jason went first, preaching on the rejection of Saul. Jason uses language especially well and is as genuine when he speaks from the pulpit as he one-on-one.

Bryan's presence and passion are unmistakable. He preached on Moses and the frustration he must have felt while leading people through the wilderness--knowing all along that he wouldn't get to enter the promised land.
I don't have a picture of me preaching . . . but once everyone fell asleep I stopped, snapped a picture, thanked Keri for staying awake . . . and the experiment was over.After preaching on Tuesday morning, I hopped into the car and went to Indianapolis to visit dad at Methodist Hospital. Here you can see a nice view of downtown Indy from the West Elevator landing on my dad's floor. He was doing better on Tuesday, but I wouldn't mind if you want to pray for him (thanks, Nathan, for praying). It appears he will be in the hospital for a bit longer. I'll try to keep you updated on his progress.After I left the hospital I went to Zionsville and spent the night with my sister and her husband (Amy and Rick). I also got to play with my nieces, Marie, Claire, and Allison. The girls are doing great. This was an important visit because it marked the first time that Allison trusted me enough to play with me. Amy made us all pancakes on Wednesday morning and sent me on my way.

No comments: