Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day at King's Island

We promised the girls that if we moved to Wilmore we would try to go to King's Island sometime during this year. With the clocking ticking on the promise, we decided that Labor Day would be a good day for it. On Sunday morning I woke up in a monastery. On Monday I was riding The Beast.

If you count the people in our van carefully you will notice an extra "daughter." She is our neighbor, Rebekah (I have to check on the spelling of her name). Rebeccah's family went with us. Her dad, Jack, is the associate dean of the Beeson Program and a fun guy to be around. Here's Jack now, with Rebekah and Jonathan (two of their four children).This is Wendy Connell and their youngest son, Michael. He doesn't look excited because he is on a rollercoaster. He just always looks like that.

Scoobie wanted to go home, but couldn't (because of those meddling kids).

Cindy, Wendy, Michael and Cora with a view of Ohio.

Cora, Michael and (you guessed it) bumper cars.

Meghan, David and Wendy on a spinny ride. I stayed on the ground and took a picture.

Wendy, Michael and some "chucky" looking character.

Rebekah, Anna, and Jonathan getting ready to drive the bumper cars.

Yet another spinny ride. I took pictures.

Anna in the driver's seat.

Jonathan, Rebekah, Anna waiting for the rest of the crew.
David, Meghan, Bill, and Aaron.

I took the picture of the spinny ride again.

The rollercoasters are what I love. You'll notice fewer pictures of people on rollercoasters because I didn't want to drop my camera/phone.

At the end of the day Anna and I got soaked on the water rides.We stopped at Goldstar Chili on the way home. Anna had to stay in the car. The rides. The chill. And the exhaustion left her sick. Not a pleasant ride home.

David made a cheeseball out of the extra cheese (they gave us LOTS of shredded cheese).
And then we all went home. Promises fulfilled. Stomachs woozy. Clothes half-dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kings Island has been my favorite family trip since I was 4 or 5. My family and I are going there after I graduate (can you believe that I'm graduating?)

Know of any jobs in Canada?

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron -- I'm honored to be included in your blog! I think this is probably my fifteen minutes of fame.

If I buy you lunch sometime, can you show me how you do your techno-magic that gets photos from your smart phone to the web? I'm in awe.

Jack