Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Random Post!

I'm slipping! I haven't posted anything for a few days . . . so here is a re-cap of last weekend. Cindy went to a women's retreat from Friday night until Sunday morning. That gave me the chance to spend focused time with the Anna and Cora, but not so much with Meghan (she spent most of that time at band functions).

Here Anna, Cora, and I arrive at the West Jessamine Colts football game for a nice night of watching football and listening to the band.Meg is in there somewhere. I'll have to bring a better camera next time.
Cora just danced while the band played . . . and while the football team played.
Meghan is always thrilled when I whip out my camera phone . . . but I reserve the right to be a geeky dad. No amount of pleading can change that.
Classmate Kent loves high school football so he came along and watched all he could stand to watch. You might think he is smiling for the camera, but (in truth) he just saw the offensive line play of the West Jessamine Colts.
By Saturday morning at 8am, Meghan was back with the band for a competition. She wouldn't be home until 11:30pm, so Anna, Cora, and I went back to the Bible-themed miniature golf course. This time we did the Old Testament course. Just a word of warning: The Old Testament is harder than Miracles! There was one cute Par 1 hole, though. It was the "Sabbath." It was a downward-slanted "V" with the hole at the narrow end of the "V." Anna and Cora both got a hole in one there--but it isn't idiot-proof. I got a bogey.
After minature golf and miniature lunch we went to the store to kill some time before meeting Joel for a cup of coffee (this is the Joel from Tennessee who, along with his wife, bought our house. He was in town for the weekend). Cora decided she could work retail someday.

I forgot to take a picture of Joel for you. I suspect he prefers it that way anyway! It was good to see him. The girls and I had a good day.

Cindy got home Sunday morning before church. We all went to the Beeson Center for a special Beeson community worship service.

Now I'm trying to finish my reading for the Anthropology class that begins on Monday. As it turns out, I'll be driving to Johnson City this weekend to take care of house buying details. This is good news. It means that I'll get to be at Grandview on Sunday!

No comments: